I LOVE wool. I love wool sweaters, jackets, socks, mittens and I especially LOVE wool carpets and rugs. Have you tried wool? If not, perhaps this is your time.
Just a few bits about wool.
- Wool is a renewable resource. Anything that I can do to encourage others and to keep my carbon footprint small, I’m in.
- Did you know that wool fibers are self-extinguishing which makes them inherently flame retardant? Nature never ceases to amaze me!
- In its natural state, wool has a “crimp in its fiber” allowing it to “bounce back” when crushed. So, go ahead and rest furniture on your wool. The “crush”, with a lil’ bit of finessing, will bounce back!
- Wool is naturally soil and stain resistant. Liquid spills will bead and sit on top of the fibers allowing you a few extra moments to grab a towel and blot it up before it soaks down into the fibers.
- Wool when dyed, takes on color in a natural, unforced, way. The hue is vibrant without looking synthetic.
- Wearing gracefully, a lovely patina adds beauty to wool carpets and rugs.
- Wool will not dry out your skin when walking on it in your bare feet. The natural oil will enhance your skins moisture.
- Wool carpet adds value to your home adding a lovely compliment to your style and the comfort of your home.
***Information accrued from my 25+ years of experience as an interior designer through lectures I have attended, articles I have read and my own personal experience.
Leave A Comment