Typically people are divided when it comes to there “linens”. Either you are a “cotton’ or a “linen”. Who among us is both? I know that I am! I love them both equally for different reasons. The same may be true for you as well. However, if you are new to the idea of using linen for your bedding or tea towels, I put together a few bits as to why I adore linen so much.
- Linen is actually quite firm when brand new however with every washing it becomes softer. Often times, softer then cotton.
- Linen is a breathable fabric-warm in the winter (insulator) cool in the summer (absorbs superfluous moisture).
- Known to last as long as 20 years, linen is very durable and stronger then cotton.
- I love to know that when I make a buying decision, I am acting in an environmentally friendly manner. You’ll feel good knowing that all of the flax used to make the linen is used in other ways. ie: flax seed is used for linseed oil which is used to make paint.
- Linen is fully biodegradable and fully renewable and it does not need irrigation.
- Last but not the least in any way. Linen enhances the quality of your sleep. What is not to love about that!
**Information gathered from my 3 ½ years selling luxurious European linens.
**Photography by Tailored Décor & Bits
Leave A Comment